Do to this items size and or weight UPS charges will apply.
OEM directly from Chaparral. Fit all 21' H2o sterndrives
Frequently Asked Questions:
Chaparral mats utilizes an acrylic-based 3MTM pressure sensitive adhesive for a robust bond and easy peel-and-stick application.
With proper surface preparation and installation, 3 to 5 years can be expected.
1. Use isopropyl alcohol or acetone on the surface area. Thoroughly clean the surface area where SeaDek will be applied. Please follow your state regulations for proper chemical handling.
2. Make sure all grease, adhesive, mold-release, wax and other substances are removed before installing the product. The area must be completely dry before applying pads.
1. Before you peel back the adhesive backing, place the pads on the surface area to verify the fit and spacing in order to determine the exact location of the pad(s).
2. Turn pad over so that the adhesive backing is face up. With a sharp razor knife carefully cut the paper adhesive backing from the center of the pad towards the edges (center to top edge, center to bottom edge) to ensure it does not rip. Be sure to completely cut through the adhesive backing but DO NOT cut into the pad.
3. Now starting from the center cut you just made, peel back 2” of the paper backing and fold to crease it. Repeat on the other side. Fold both pieces of the paper backing back in place to cover the adhesive.
4. Turn the pad back over and reposition it exactly where you want it installed.
5. Firmly secure one side of the pad to the surface area using 1-inch masking tape. Taping prevents the pad from moving.
6. Lift up the side that is not taped down and peel the paper backing to the crease. Gently lay the pad back in place.
7. Firmly press down on the pad where the exposed adhesive is. Apply pressure from the center of the pad outward (center to top, center to bottom) to ensure no air is trapped beneath the pad.
8. Continue to lift the pad and peel back the paper backing to expose an additional 2” - 3” and repeat
step 7. *DO NOT PULL OR STRETCH THE PAD(S)*
9. Once the first side is complete, remove the masking tape and repeat steps 7 and 8 for the other half of the pad. Apply pressure to the pad to ensure there’s a firm bond between the pad and the surface area.
10. Firmly press down on all edges to ensure no water will permeate the pads